Thursday, November 11

recent reads

so I am working on completing one of the items off my list and have been enjoying the library a lot lately.  I have found that spending my lunch hour reading is so much better than shopping or vegging out online.  I have already read 3 books, which I'm impressed with as I only get to read for about 45 minutes a day.  Here are the titles I've checked off so far:

1.  Born to Run.  I doesn't matter if you're a runner (I don't consider myself one) but if you like a good story, vivid characters, and to learn, you'll love this book.  I found myself wanting to tell everyone about the facts I learned, and couldn't put it down during the story parts.  Best of all, it's true.  Loved it.

2.  Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat.  A little more technical than I normally go for, but another book where you learned a lot.  The Author studies the relationships between animals and humans, and the book seems to be a general overview of his field.  It gave me lots to think about, and some possible explanations for why I love a good steak, unless I have to look at a cow while eating it...

3.  Dead Until Dark(The first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, the series True Blood is based from) Fine.  So I'm addicted.  I normally can't stand to read something for the second time, and while sometimes the tv show followed the book so closely the lines where the same, I was still able to really enjoy the books and zipped through it in a couple of days.  I was super interested in the little differences between the book and the first season, which grew bigger and bigger as the book progressed.  I can't wait to get my hands on book 2.

The only downer is that I don't have any books right now, as the Library is closed for Veterans Day.  Why that means they have to close early the day before a holiday, I don't know, but alas I am book-less.  I really want to get my hands on the next Sookie books, and Never Let Me Go next.  I'm excited just thinking about it.

No comments: