Friday, August 27

Making Plans

Recently a co worker asked me if I had any good first date ideas. Well I haven’t been on one of those in a long time so experience wasn’t going to be a factor in my suggestions. None the less, I attacked the question with enthusiasm anyway. Here are some of the date ideas my coworkers and I were able to come up with.

1. Go to a winery. There are tons here in Indiana. I especially like Huber’s Orchard and Winery.  Their tasting room is in the second story of an old barn. The first story is the shop and dining area. They have an outdoor patio where you can drink your selection and dine on a cheese plate or dinner fare. During the summer months they have free music on the weekends. What makes this place the best is that the wine is GREAT!

(photo not actually taken at hubers, but it was a winery)
((you can also pick anything pickable at hubers, so my strawberry pics are all from there as well))

2. Get your freak on. Louisville is a great town with tons of spirit. This weekend we’re trying for the World’s Largest Zombie Gathering right on Bardstown road! If Zombie’s aren’t your thing have no fear! How do you feel about Pirates? Next weekend the Frazier Arms Museum is hosting the bid for the World’s Largest Pirate Gathering. Yup, that’s what we do in Kentucky.

3. Speaking of museums, have you checked your local ones out? So what if you’ve grown up in the area and think you know all there is to know about how Louisville Sluggers are made. You don’t and I guarantee a trip through the bat factory will be both enlightening and enjoyable. Not a Louisvillian? Or Kentuckianan for that matter? Just google “(your town) museums” and you’ll get something like this: 

(that google never fails to amaze…)

4. Be a townie. Think of that little place you love to visit with the amazing (insert noun) that no one from out of town could ever find. You know the one that you can’t even google ‘cause it doesn’t have a website? Well here in Clarksville there’s this little place called the Widow’s Walk Ice Creamery. Grab a few scoops of chilly delight and sit down to catch the best glimpses of downtown Louisville available.





1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

I think you left a couple of these ideas off of the list you gave me :-). But we had fun anyway. I think it was a success!