Monday, August 30

The Universe’s Lost and Found

umbrellas
So I've been wondering, what is the statute of limitations on found items? Things that come to mind involve umbrellas, which from what I understand, are pretty much yours the minute you touch them. I've somehow misplaced at least 3 freaking awesome ones, and the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is someone is walking away with them when I'm not holding on to them, right?
soccerballs
Soccer balls. Being a coach my car is starting to look like a ball pit for giants. I currently have 5 soccer balls in my car that did not belong to me at the beginning of this season. (Of course if I return my player’s) I guess if I keep coaching they'll come in handy. My real question is, when can I take off the old owners name and replace it with my own without feeling like some sort of jerk/thief?
lost
When I was doing research for my recent camera purchase I came across a person on ebay who auctions of the items from a lost and found. I’m having troubles finding them again, but really? They were auctioning off someone’s camera! I’m guessing that their lost and found has some sort of sign on it detailing their policy, but still.
jacket
Of course I can’t really complain too much, as I was known in my younger years to go through the lost and found at a certain establishment and claim new clothing for myself. Recently someone left an athletic jacket at my ma’s work. And after a few weeks she brought it to me and I proudly sport that beauty. But she didn’t get any money out of it…
idea
Ideas. Not trying to go all Inception on you (did you see it?) but honestly. You know the story, someone tells you this great idea (a gift, a project, etc.) and you wait around to see them do it, but the time never comes! When is it ok for you to give it a go?

*all photos from weheartit

No comments: