Thursday, August 26

lately

anyone who knows me (and the huz) knows that we’re not the biggest of spenders. So when I tell you that I recently bought a new camera you can feel free to gasp. I *broke* my camera this past winter and have been lucky enough to have a loaner dslr around to make up for the loss. While I love the photos with the dslr, it’s a pain to lug around. with our upcoming vacation I really didn’t want to take such a fancy (ie expensive to replace) and large camera along, but there would be no way I could travel without a camera! So I went back to the same brand I have had since college and found this lovely little gem! I haven’t had too many chances to test her out, but so far I’m loving it! Check out this little photo I snapped one morning at my desk.




Pretty great for a photo of my desk, right? It’s a Panasonic Lumix DMC FH1



The huz’s best friend, d, came down to visit and we decided to take him to the boat. Double gasp. We hadn’t been to the one here and we decided to make a go of it. While I lost all of my $20, the huz came home with $80! He and D played roulette and every time they won they acted like it was for thousands of dollars instead of their $20. The best is when another guy at the table won close to $1,000 on the same roll as huz and D, and my guys were the ones cheering the loudest. Also props to JH for paying such close attention to my slot machine, that she won $10 and didn’t even notice. It was great to have you along! (why didn’t I get a picture of us? Gah!)


And new for this season, fantasy football.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose horribly.  The draft didn't go so well.  I mistakenly drafted at least 2 players with injuries.  One who is out for at least half a season!  but you know I had to do the rest of it right, here's my team name/logo:

you're scared of us, i just know it...

and speaking of being scared, my newest addiction is True Blood.  About time, right?  We're about to finish up Season 1 (the huz is watching as well, but I suspect for different reasons than mine) and I already have season 2 qued up on the netflix.  But what am I going to do when i get through all of that?  Netflix just let me add season 3 to my que despite not having a release date, but no release date!  On top of that we don't have cable or internet, so I'd have to watch it elsewhere if I got caught up to the current season, so I need to start figuring out how to do that.
The first photo from season one I could find on weheartit
Side note, when i typed "true blood" into weheartit the rollingstone cover image i had heard of but never seen popped up, holy undead vampire craziness, that's a photo...

No comments: